|Title||Call for Applications: Agri-food SME Food Safety and Quality Management Grants|
The Cambodia-Australia Agricultural Value Chain Program (CAVAC) and Khmer Enterprise, a unit in the Ministry of Economy and Finance, are running a grants scheme to encourage investment in improved manufacturing standards in the agri-food industry. The grants can be used to subsidise investments in infrastructure, training, and certification that local SMEs need to meet food quality and safety standards.
Support to successful applicants
Up to five eligible SMEs will be selected and receive financial support from CAVAC and Khmer Enterprise to subsidise their own investments in their food quality and safety infrastructure and quality management systems. The selected SMEs will be required to contribute at least 30 percent of the associated costs for infrastructure, training, and certification.
- CAVAC will contribute up to USD 10,000 to each company to subsidise costs associated with consultancy and training fees, and certification (i.e., HACCP, GMP, GHP, etc.).
- Khmer Enterprise will contribute up to USD 20,000 to each company to subsidise their own investments in food quality and safety infrastructure.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a Cambodian-owned enterprise or a company with more than 50% Cambodian ownership and active in the agri-food sector
- be fully registered with the Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology & Innovation
- mainly use inputs from local agriculture or non-agricultural products for processing
- have an owner or a manager to oversee the use of the grant and at least one person who will manage the grant in collaboration with CAVAC and Khmer Enterprise
- commit to completing their project by June 30, 2022, and
- be willing to contribute at least 30 percent of the total cost of the investment for infrastructure and systems improvement.
All eligible SMEs will be assessed, and preference will be given to those that:
- use inputs from one or more of the following high-value crops: mango, banana chip, longan, cashew nut, chili, sweet potato, avocado, sesame, palm sugar
- are owned by women
- employ higher proportions of female staff and employ people with disabilities
- use more than 50 percent domestic/local agricultural inputs will be given preference
How to apply
SMEs wishing to receive support through this platform must submit an electronic copy of the Business Innovation Fund (BIF) application form in Khmer or English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 August 2021.
The application form is on the CAVAC website https://cavackh.org/page/work-with-us
CAVAC: Ms. May Sokhour, Intervention Manager. 017 494 603. email@example.com
Khmer Enterprise: Ms. Heng Meymey, Market and Investment Officer. 012 545 002. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambodia Food Manufacture Association: Ms. Mao Sothea. 077 662 000. email@example.com
|Application Form EN||Download|
|Application Form KH||Download|
|Deadline||Monday 09 August 2021 05:00 PM|